HAVE A LIFE CHANGING MUSICAL EXPERIENCE!
LEARN TO PERFORM COVER SONGS AND WRITE YOUR OWN ORIGINAL MUSIC AND LYRICS WITH A BAND IN A FUN, SUPPORTIVE, AND GOAL ORIENTED LEARNING ENVIRONMENT.
Level 1 – Beginner Band & Songwriting
• Ages 8-12
• 6-months or more instrument performance experience
• Ability to listen, take direction, and work well with others
Level 2 – Intermediate Band & Songwriting
• Ages 13-18
• 2-years or more instrument performance experience *receiving private music instruction
• Can play and understand basic rhythm figures, whole, half, quarter and eighth notes with some experience practicing with a metronome and playing in time
• Ability to listen, take direction, work well with others, learn on the fly, contribute creatively, bring positive energy to the class, and help out those less advanced
• Learn how to play your instrument to support the song together as a band
• Learn best playing and practice techniques to memorize your part
• Learn to break down a song into its simplest parts; form, rhythm, melody, harmony
• Learn basic song forms; intro, verse, pre-chorus, chorus, bridge, solo etc.
• Learn how each instrument works to bring out the mood of a song
• Learn to play by ear and transcribe music straight from the recording
• Learn how to read a basic song chart/lead sheet/roadmap and music notation
• Learn how to perform and practice singing and playing together
• Learn how to be a confident performer and have the most fun on stage!
• Learn what elements make the most potent and engaging lyrics
• Learn what makes a great memorable song
• Learn the art of tension and release
• Learn the pros and cons of rhyming
• Learn the difference between a lick, riff, hook, payoff/chorus
• Learn how to create balance with appropriate song forms
• Learn the difference between poetry and song lyrics and what prosody is
• Learn the difference between an art song and a pop song
• Learn how to cultivate inspiration with object writing, word clusters, morning pages to generate song titles, storyline and images
• Learn to get to know who you are and trust your own intuition
• Learn to move your song forward in a way that moves people emotionally
• Learn to collaborate with others
12-Week Session: 12-classes with end performance concert
2-Hour Class: (2) 50-minute classes with a break in between
|3/10-6/2||Level 1 (Age 8-12)||Saturday||1:30 pm- 3:30 pm (120 minutes)|
|3/10-6/2||Level 2 (Age 13-18)||Saturday||3:30 pm-5:30 pm (120 minutes)|
TUITION: (3 MONTH/12 Classes – 2 hours each session)
$280/Monthly (Regular Sing Up)
$240/Monthly (Artis Members)
FINAL PERFORMANCE & RECORDING
Showcase your new band in front of your family and friends and receive an audio recording of the performance. Artis School of Music wants all its students to feel comfortable. The performance option is to be decided in May but not mandatory, based on what the members of each band decide.
Registration is open now!